Enrollment is OPEN for all programs.
Students are accepted on a rolling basis so applicants are encouraged to submit applications as soon as possible.
If you have questions or need assistance with the application process, please contact our Admissions & Student Services Manager, Heidi Blehm, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-385-4948 ext. 305.
Important Eligibility Requirements:
- Students must have a high school diploma or GED equivalency prior to the first day of school.
- Students must have the physical and health capacity to undertake the day-to-day class work and activities. For more details, visit the Physical Requirement section of the School Catalog.
- Students must have an ability to understand written and oral instruction given in English.
Enrollment in programs do not require prior experience or prerequisites.
Admissions & Enrollment Process
ALL PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS
To enroll in a degree or diploma program:
- Complete an online application HERE. (Paper applications available upon request from the Admissions Office)
- Email, mail, or upload to your online student portal a copy of your high school diploma/transcript, GED certificate, or college transcript. If you intend to transfer credits from another institution to satisfy the General Education requirement for an AOS Degree in either Traditional or Contemporary Wooden Boatbuilding programs, only official transcripts sent to NWSWB may be used to obtain credit.
- Pay a $100 registration fee (non-refundable) and $200 tuition deposit (refundable).
After these steps have been completed, the application is reviewed by the Admission Committee. Applications cannot be formally accepted for processing until the school receives proof of high school graduation or equivalent and all fees have been paid.
If you would like to utilize the GI Bill or other Veteran Education Benefits, you must also provide the following documents by email, mail, or uploading to your online student portal:
- A copy of your DD-214
- A copy of your VA Certificate of Eligibility (COE). Your COE can be obtained from these websites: www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits, www.benefits.va.gov/gibill or www.vets.gov/education
- A copy of your Military Transcript. Joint Services Transcripts can be obtained for all service branches EXCEPT the Air Force at https://jst.doded.mil. Air Force Transcripts can be obtained at
There are additional requirements for the application and enrollment process for international students. Please contact the Admissions Office for more information.d
Northwest School of Wooden Boatbuilding
42 N. Water St.
Port Hadlock, WA 98339
phone: 360-385-4948 ext. 305
Located in the Westrem Building on the lower campus.
Tours are available by appointment (Monday-Friday) or on the First Friday of each month at 3:30pm.
For ways to fund your education, click HERE