2019 OPEN HOUSE DATES
Friday May 3rd, 2019
For 38 years, more than 1,500 students have lofted and built more than 100 vessels ranging from 8 to 50 feet. In 2018 we started a Marine Systems program training the next generation of marine technicians. Learn more about joining this legacy by registering for the Boat School’s Admissions Open House.
Questions? Contact the Admissions Office at (360) 385-4948 x 305 or email@example.com
OPEN HOUSE EVENTS
- Attend a lecture given by one of our instructors
- Meet fellow prospective students, current students, alumni, staff and faculty
- Shadow a current student as they work on their projects in the workshop
- Get an insider’s view of current boatbuilding and marine systems projects
- Learn about the School’s history and future plans from the Executive Director
- Meet the Admissions Manager and learn about the application and enrollment process
- Get helpful tips about applying for financial aid from our Financial Aid Manager
- Learn about career paths and professional opportunities from our Career Services Manager
- Take an extensive tour of the campus, shops, and facilities
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
The Northwest School of Wooden Boatbuilding is an accredited non-profit vocational school committed to providing a quality education where students learn with their hands through traditional and contemporary wooden boatbuilding and marine systems training. Learn more in the videos below.
The Boat School’s Port Hadlock Heritage Campus is located on the waterfront in Port Hadlock, Washington, a quiet town surrounded by the natural beauty of the Olympic Peninsula. Located 1.5 hours from Seattle, the seven acre campus includes 14,500 square feet of covered space and offers a marine systems shop and four boatbuilding shops. Our neighbors include more than 100 maritime businesses on Port Townsend Bay. Just 10 minutes north lies the city of Port Townsend known for its charming Victorian architecture and rich maritime history. Port Townsend is home to the Wooden Boat Festival, one of the largest wooden boat festivals in the world.