Admissions Open House
For 36 years, thousands of students have lofted and built more than 100 vessels ranging from 8 to 50 feet. Learn more about joining this legacy of problem-solvers by registering for the Northwest School of Wooden Boatbuilding’s Admission Open House.
May 19, 2017 | 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Registration is no longer open for this event.
OPEN HOUSE EVENTS
- Meet and speak fellow perspective students, current NWSWB students, alumni, and NWSWB staff and faculty.
- Learn about the School’s history and future plans from the Executive Director and Chief Instructor
- Take an extensive tour of the campus, shops, and facilities.
- Get up close to the current boatbuilding projects.
- Learn about the career paths and professional opportunities of NWSWB alumni.
- Meet the Admissions Manager and learn about the application process and financial aid.
- Enjoy all that Port Townsend has to offer, including the Annual Rhododendron Festival on Saturday and Sunday.
*Optional: Attend lecture and shadow a current student in the shop from 8:00 AM – 11:00 AM. Please choose option when registering.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
Since 1981 the Boat School has been teaching hands-on education through wooden boatbuilding. Learn more about the history, curriculum, and career paths of alumni in the video below.
The Boat School’s Port Hadlock Heritage Campus is located on the waterfront in lower Port Hadlock, Washington, a quiet town surrounded by the natural beauty of the Olympic Peninsula. The six acre campus includes 14,500 square feet of covered space and offers four distinct boatbuilding shops. Our neighbors include more than 100 maritime businesses on Port Townsend Bay. Just 10 mintues north lies the city of Port Townsend known for is charming Victorian architecture and its reputation as the ‘wooden boat mecca of the west”. Many festivals are hosted here during the summer months, including the Port Townsend Wooden Boat Festival which is one of the largest wooden boat festivals in the country. The school is located 1.5 hours from Seattle.
Contact the Admissions Office at (360) 385-4948 x 305 or firstname.lastname@example.org