The school is keeping a close eye on the evolving situation with COVID-19. Given the many uncertainties in the current situation, we have postponed all scheduled Marine Systems Intensives. We will reschedule Intensives following the guidance of our local health authority.
If you would like to be notified when Intensives are rescheduled, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dates to be determined | Tuition: $999
Students will learn fundamental concepts and principles about hydraulic systems and how these systems are used on boats. Students will learn how to read hydraulic schematic drawings, will design a system, and then create a schematic for it. Each student will learn to identify and describe components and differentiate various types of hydraulic systems. Students will practice hydraulic plumbing tasks, including making hoses, selecting fittings, installing and assembling components, and will practice adjusting and testing using a live hydraulic system. Students will learn how to identify common hazards when working on marine hydraulic systems and how to work safely.
Students learn how to:
- Recognize safety procedures when working around hydraulics
- Describe how a hydraulic system works
- Recognize concepts and principles like flow and pressure
- Identify the components of a hydraulic system
- Read a hydraulic system schematic
- Identify and differentiate various types of hydraulic systems
- Choose the right fittings and hoses for a given system
- Make and assemble hoses
- Design a hydraulic system
- Use best practices for cleanliness and maintenance
- Use appropriate procedures for determining and addressing common hydraulics problems