Full-Time Administrative Assistant
Join the team at the Northwest School of Wooden Boatbuilding whose vision is to offer the world’s premier educational experience for learning craftsmanship through boatbuilding and marine systems.
We are looking for a master multi-tasker with excellent communication skills and an upbeat attitude. Candidates should relish wearing lots of hats and enjoy resolving unexpected new challenges each day. With over 50 students from around the country (and world) on campus at once, deliveries and unexpected visitors arriving throughout the day, staff spread across multiple buildings on the school’s 7-acre campus, and incoming phone calls and email messages to the school, the Administrative Assistant will serve as a calm and professional anchor assisting students, visitors, and co-workers by handling office tasks, answering
questions, supporting staff member projects, and generally being a helpful and positive presence in the
To be successful for this role, candidates should be both creative and accurate, professional and approachable, and capable of completing projects on their own while also effectively working as part of a team. This role requires exceptional proficiency with computers, phenomenal organizational skills and outstanding verbal communication.
Administrative Assistant responsibilities:
• Create a welcoming environment for students and assist them daily with questions
• Handle incoming communications and questions: answer phone calls and route callers (or messages) to the appropriate party; respond to and route email messages; greet visitors, hear their stories, determine whether we have the information they seek and direct them as appropriate.
• Fulfill orders for items from the Boat School store.
• Help coordinate and schedule school tours for public and special interest groups.
• Handle oﬀice tasks, such as and reordering supplies, keeping the oﬀice equipment functioning, transcribing meetings and managing the receipt and distribution of packages.
• Assist administration staﬀ with projects such as preparing information for incoming students, maintaining student records, preparing mailings, and acknowledging donations
• Assist with event logistics for graduation, festivals, and fundraising events; tasks may include tracking event RSVPs, coordinating set up and refreshments, tracking and storing auction items, and playing ‘concierge’ role for virtual events.
• Assist in creation of presentations, pulling together documents needed for meetings, conducting research, archiving documents and photos.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Demonstrated organizational and administrative skills.
• Demonstrated computer and software skills. Must have experience in Microsoft Oﬀice, Excel, and Powerpoint. Adobe Acrobat and additional Adobe suite program experience a plus. Familiar with Google suite and CRM software. Comfortable with learning new software independently.
• Demonstrated ability to complete work with accuracy and attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to solve problems and drive projects to completion.
• Demonstrated customer service skills. – ability to remain polite and professional while juggling multiple tasks and conversations.
Job Type: Full-time, Monday – Friday, 7:30am – 4:30pm
Compensation: $16-$19/hour depending on experience with generous benefit package including health insurance, retirement plan, paid sick, holiday & vacation.
To Apply: Submit a cover letter, resume, and a completed employment application (click here for fillable PDF) to email@example.com